Naruto is one of the most well-known anime series of all time. And it’s not hard to wonder why. Maybe you’ve been wanting to watch and wondering how much of a time commitment Naruto will be. We’ve got the answer here for you. So, check it out now!
Table of Contents [CLICK HERE TO OPEN]
- Where To Watch
- About Naruto
- Naruto Episode Guide
- Naruto: Shippudun Episode Guide
- Fun Naruto Facts
- Frequently Asked Questions
Watch Naruto now on:
Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden are two different series. Shippuden is set 2 and a half years after the events of the main series. But when you combine the two series there’s a total of 720 episodes for you to watch!
The Naruto series is based on the manga written and illustrated by Masashi Kishimoto, featuring the protagonist Naruto Uzumaki.
The main plot of Naruto happens after their village is attacked by a nine-tailed demon fox, the leader of the village sacrifices himself and seals the beast inside of the newborn Naruto. Shunned because of the beast, Naruto struggles to find his place, he desires to become the Hokage of Konohagakure, the new leader of the village. An adventure that leads him not only to new friends but to dangerous enemies.
A sequel, Naruto Shippuden follows on from the original show and overall both series ran for a span of 15 years from 2002 to 2017 with a huge 720 episodes overall. The manga and the anime have both been widely praised, particularly for its character development, fight scenes and storylines. So read on and find out everything you need to know about the Naruto series!
Already seen every episode? Test out your knowledge now with our Ultimate Naruto Quiz!
How Many Episodes Does Naruto have?
This is the main series of the original Naruto anime, which aired from 2002-2007, has a total of 220 episodes split across 5 seasons. The series was directed by Hayato Date and it premiered in Japan on October 3 2002 and ran until February 8 2007 after 220 episodes. In 2005 Viz acquired the license for broadcast and the show was aired for the first time with the English dub (it was previously only available as English subtitled). This season does feature a time skip of two and a half years, which gives the characters time for development.
How Many Episodes Does Naruto: Shippuden Have?
Naruto: Shippuden, which aired from 2007-2017, has a total of 500 episodes split across 21 seasons. This sequel series follows Naruto as he continues his quest to become Hokage of his village. In this season Naruto is older and the plotlines are more serious and the anime is regarded to have a better balance of comedy and drama.
Some Fun Naruto Facts For You
Here are some random fun Naruto Facts!
- Naruto is fourth best-selling manga series in history having 250 million copies in circulation worldwide
- As well as this, English translations of the volumes have appeared on USA Today and The New York Times bestseller list several times
- In 2015, a Naruto musical was released
- Naruto has blood type B
- Naruto’s favorite ramen shop is Ichiraku and it actually exists in real life
- If you love Naruto that much and want to be like him, there are loads of articles and videos which show how to move and train like him
- According to the Official Naruto Databook, Naruto has two main hobbies – pulling pranks and watering flowers
- Naruto’s name is based on the food narutomaki, which is a topping for ramen that has a pink or red spiral design in the middle
- The iconic ninja headband was designed because the author didn’t want to draw goggles on Naruto every time
- The author waited 10 years to go on his honeymoon as he was too busy working on Naruto
- Naruto’s catch phrase is ‘dattebayo‘. But it doesn’t have a translation, so it was dubbed in English as ‘believe it’
- The toads are named after famous Japanese actors – Shima Iwashita, Bunta Sugawara, and Ken Takakura – from the 1980s
- The Matrix serves as inspiration behind the main trio’s outfits
- There is also a Naruto prequel anime Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, which aired in 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many episodes does Naruto currently have?
There are 220 episodes in the main series of Naruto. There are 500 Naruto Shippuden episodes. Therefore, overall there are 720 episodes.
How many Naruto episodes are finished?
The grand total of finished Naruto episodes is 720. 220 in the main series and 500 in Naruto: Shippuden.
Is Naruto on Netflix complete?
On Netflix USA, the full five seasons of the main Naruto series are available to watch. However, Naruto: Shippuden is not currently available to stream on Netflix.
Does Naruto have 5 or 9 seasons?
The main Naruto series has 5 seasons. Naruto Shippuden has 21 seasons.
How many episodes are in Naruto Season 1?
There are 57 episodes in Naruto season 1.